Being one of the best institutions worldwide, the University of Sydney started on the concept of empowering individuals to develop themselves through their education, and that belief remains strong today. The University is currently ranked 4th in the world, and 1st in Australia, for graduate employability.
The university has Australia’s largest disciplinary portfolio and its research is directed at developing solutions to society’s greatest issues. With over 400 fields of study to consider, there are opportunities for students to pursue their own passions, expand their abilities, and participate in internships and international exchange opportunities.
About The Scholarship:
The Maria Teresa Savio Hooke International Research Scholarships is available for all National, International and Postgraduate Students in the field of Italian Studies at the University of Sydney, Australia.
The University of Sydney is an institution that will empower learners with the necessary competencies, knowledge and standards to be successful in the fast growing world of today. Applicants will enjoy golden state beaches, world-class museums, excellent and fresh food, as well as an engaging schedule of exciting events and festivals.
- Host University: University of Sydney;
- Host Country: Australia;
- Study Level: Postgraduate Level;
- Scholarship Worth: Check the details below;
- Eligible Countries: National and International Students;
- Subjects: Italian studies;
- Application Deadline: July 30th, 2021.
Benefits for national students:
- Students studying full-time will be awarded a grant equivalent to the University of Sydney’s Research Training Program (RTP) allocation rate for up to 3.5 years, subject to successful academic performance;
- Students enrolled on a part-time basis will be awarded a grant equivalent to 50% of the full-time rate for the full-time equivalent time described above.
Benefit for International students:
- Students in full-time status will be provided with university course costs for up to 14 research terms, based on successful achievement of academic standing.
- Part-time students will be awarded university course fees for the equivalent of one part-time period.
- Possess either an unconditional or conditional acceptance invitation or apply for admission to study a doctorate in the School of Languages and Cultures;
- Have a willingness to do research in Italian Studies.
How To Apply:
In order to be eligible for this scholarship, applicants are required to be accepted into a research program at the university. Then, they are required to successfully submit an application for this award to the university’s Graduate Research Program.
- Grade Records;
- Proposal of Research;
- Personal Statement;
Admission Conditions: In order to be accepted, students are required to satisfy all the university’s admission procedures.
Language Conditions: If English is not the student’s first language, they are required to have completed the IELTS/TOEFL/CAE/PTE/CPE.
Please visit the official website for more information: